Transparency and E-platform Recommended for Public Procurement in Bulgaria
Transparency, lifting of the restricting procedures and launch of electronic public procurement in Bulgaria were the main recommendations of the AmCham business and diplomatic community during the conference on transparent public procurement held June 20, 2013 at the U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria. The forum was organized by AmCham Bulgaria, U.S. Commercial Service in Bulgaria with the support of Bulgaria’s Public Procurement Agency.
Dragormir Stoynev, Minister of Economy and Energy has argued that it is not normal for an EU Member State to have public procurement deals in a certain sector won by a circle of companies. The minister emphasized that it was essential to eliminate corruption in the field as public procurement was a major means of accessing financial resources in times of economic crisis.
More information to follow.
Please find bellow the presentations from the conference:
1. Adam Boltik- International Trade Specialist, Trade Compliance Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
2. Daniel Hylton- U.S. Department of Commerce/Office of General Counsel
3.David Butts-International Head of Lifesciences Corporate M&A, CMS Cameron McKenna
4. Krasimir Simonski (& Ivan Stanev)- Executive Director, Electronic Communication Networks and Information Systems, Ministry of Transportation, Information Technologies and Communications
Krasimir Simonksi & Ivan Stanev
5. Georgi Randelov- General Manager, Microsoft Bulgaria
6. Irena Parvanova- Director of Directorate – Technical Assistance Operational Program, Council of Ministers
7. Isabelle Maelcamp- U.S. Mission to the European Union
8. Malina Kroumova- Director of Directorate “Cohesion Policy for Environment”, Ministry of Environment and Water
9. Miglena Pavlova- Executive Director, Bulgarian Public Procurement Agency
10. Monika Beecher- Head of Managing Authority of Operational Programme “Administrative Capacity”, Ministry of Finance
11. Vera Markova- Chief Expert, Programming of EU Funds Directorate, Council of Ministers
12. Zlatina Rouseva-Savova- Co-Chair of the AmCham Public Procurement and EU Funding Advisory Committee, Ruseva-Savova Law Office
13. Metodi Baykushev, Attorney-at-law, Dimitrov, Petrov&Co.