AmCham members are cordially invited to a meeting of the
Energy and Mineral Resources Committee
on January 22 /Tuesday/, 2019
at the American Corner, Sofia City Library,
4A, Slaveykov Square,
starting at 9:00 a.m.
During the event the following topics will be discussed:
– Amendments to the Energy Efficiency Act
– Update on the migration of renewable energy producers and cogenerators on free market as of January 1st, 2019
– Latest developments with the proposed amendments to the Mining Act
Detailed agenda will be further provided.
To attend the event, please register below.
1. Approval of the Annual Report of the Board of Directors for 2018;
2. Examination and Approval of the Financial Statements of the Auditor for 2017 and Election of the Registered Auditor for 2018;
3. Adoption of the Budget for 2019;
4. Release and Discharge of Members of the Board of Directors;
5. Election of New Members of the Board of Directors;
Shortlist of the nominees which will be put to an open vote en bloc at the General Assembly, displayed in alphabetical order by first name:
1. Bojidar Neytchev, PricewaterhouseCoopers Bulgaria EOOD
2. Borislav Dimitrov, Cisco Systems Bulgaria EOOD
3. Eliza Grancharova, Coca-Cola Bulgaria EOOD
4. George Alexandrov, Oracle East Central Europe Limited – Branch Bulgaria
5. Iva Todorova, IBM Bulgaria EOOD
6. Ivaylo Slavov, BulPros Consulting AD
7. Konstantinos Papagiannis, Merck Sharp & Dohme Bulgaria EOOD
8. Levon Hampartzoumian, UniCredit Bulbank AD
9. Lyubomir Minchev, Telelink Bulgaria EAD
10. Olivier Marquette, AES Bulgaria EOOD
11. Simeon Stoychev, Telerik EAD by Progress
12. Stanislava Taneva, Citibank Europe Plc, Bulgaria Branch
If a quorum is not achieved, in compliance with article 10, section B, paragraph 7 of the Statutes of the Chamber, the General Assembly will take place the same day at 5:00 p.m., at the same place, under the same agenda.
All AmCham members are invited to attend the Assembly. Right to vote have only legal representatives of Members of the Chamber or dully authorized individuals by virtue of a power of attorney. One person can represent not more than 1 (one) Member at the General Assembly via a power of attorney. No re-authorization is allowed.
Original powers of attorney should be sent to the AmCham office prior to the General Assembly or presented at the event, but in any case, no later than December 10th, 2018.
Please note that the members should have paid their annual membership fees in order to participate in the General Assembly, as well as in other activities of the Chamber. Payment of membership fees is a major duty associated with the membership status – please make sure you have fulfilled this obligation so you can take part in the General Assembly.
To attend the event, please register online below by December 7th, 2018.
The 2018 AmCham Bulgaria General Assembly is called in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria taken at the Board Meeting on September 11th, 2018, Protocol No 26 and in compliance with article 10, section (B), paragraph (3) of the Statutes of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria.
Sixty countries presents their culture and traditions at the annual Charity Bazaar of the International Women’s Club – Sofia.
Regular tickers are at BGN 6, those for students and pensioners – BGN 2.
Special tickets available: Family ticket at the price of BGN 14, as well as donor’s ticket that costs BGN 25.
All of the raised funds during the event will be donated to charity initiatives and projects that IWC-Sofia supports.
In 2017 there were BGN 373,000 collected which supported 24 noble causes. This year’s goal is to improve this result.
Additional information at www.iwc-sofia.org
Explore what activities of IWC-Sofia has – here.
- 23/11/2018 - 24/11/2018
Driven by the desire to make education in Bulgaria even better, 11 leading organizations joined efforts to organize together The Future of Education Conference 2018.
To inspire us to look into the future and to plan the way education can take us there. To show what is possible in Bulgaria and how it works – successful practices at school, outside school, business initiatives, and public-private partnerships.
On November 23 the event is in one track, while on November 24 there are 4 parallel tracks
- Recruiting, Developing and Training teachers;
- Vocational Education;
- STEAM and Cloud Technologies;
- Building School 2.0. See the program below.