The names of the entrepreneurs who will continue their participation in the competition BACB Challenge are well known. Compeeting with “green” start-ups from all over the country, 13 people won participation in the accelerator. In January, February and March 2018, they will go through a series of trainings and will work on their business plan. In April they will compete for the grand prize of 20,000 leva and the two inducement prizes of 3,000 and 2,000 BGN.
The contest was attended by entrepreneurs from a total of 21 municipalities . All projects were pre-evaluated by professionals in the field of entrepreneurship and the green economy, 26 were admitted to an online interview. The selected 13 are as follows:
- Bojidar Hristov – Streebl – innovative bicycle stand, automatic frame locking, front and rear wheel bonnet. The product works through an RFID card and is an extremely easy, fast and secure way to lock your wheel.
- Galya Georgieva – “Sealed with love” – Storage and processing of organic agro products – strawberries, raspberries, cherries, tomatoes and pepper.
- Georgi Bobchev – MySpirulina – production and sale of fresh paste superfood from the Аlgae genus.
- Dinko Gerov – Green mobile car wash – Steam cleaning directly to the customer with economic, health and environmental benefits of reduced water usage, lack of detergents.
- Maria Alexandrova – Farmlancers / Online market place for garden services. It will offer all kinds of services starting from cutting grass to planting and watering vegetables. The idea being it is to help people from the city experience the pleasure of personally produced fresh organic vegetables.
- Martin Vassilev – Establishment, management and development of a snail farm.
- Mina Vrdziiska – Stara Sagora dairy products manufacturer – will organize trainings and demonstrations of handmade yellow cheese, white cheese in a wooden mold, katuk, homemade butter, yoghurt, alchak.
- Mina Raduncheva – Establishing an eco ranch for training people in riding and communicating with the American horses breeds Paint Horse and Quarter Hors.
- Pavlina Mitseva – Precious plastic – Creating a workshop space, equipped with four types of plastic waste processing machines, to be reused as building materials (bricks and plates), furniture, accessories, decorations, 3D printing material.
- Peter Jivkov – Airlief – an innovative breathing mask that has an individual design, a smart fan that helps for easier breathing, high quality interchangeable filters and a mobile application that tracks the pollution data.
- Sabina Maksimova – ZERA – Supplying mass events organizers with reusable cups in combination with a washing service for these cups.
- Tsvetan Iliev – Design, manufacture and sale of Push-scooters (full size 26-inch front and 20-inch rear-wheel drive) with electric drive for urban mobility and fun in nature.
- Tsvetan Krastev – E-business cards – a product offering quick and easy exchange of contacts. It has the potential to substitute paper business cards available on the market, ensuring fast and easy use, as well as cost reduction.
The BACB Challenge was established by the Rinker Center at the BCause Foundation in partnership with the Bulgarian-American Credit Bank. It is designed for entrepreneurs with a business idea aimed at positive impact on people and communities – with social or environmental impact.It supports business initiatives based on the concept of environmental and sustainable development.
BACB Challenge gives entrepreneurs in an early stage of development the opportunity to get support for their ideas, to develop a viable business model and to create their first business plan. The best performers in the competition will be trained in a modern methodology developed by the Rinker Center lecturers with proven efficiency over the years.