The financial results for the first quarter of 2018 show a steady growth of mobile market share
- VIVACOM remains the largest telecom in total revenue on the Bulgarian market;
- VIVACOM reports EBITDA growth of 11.6% compared to Q1 2017;
- VIVACOM reports growing mobile service revenue market share – 29.8%;
- VIVACOM retains a leading position in fixed broadband with 26% market share;
- VIVACOM is again #1 IPTV operator;
- VIVACOM’s 4G network with best population coverage, according to GWS – 99% of Bulgarian population.
VIVACOM retains its leading position on the Bulgarian telecom market with highest total revenue of BGN 223 million for the first quarter of 2018. The Company reports 5.6% growth compared to same period last year. Despite the highly competitive market environment, VIVACOM reports stable adjusted EBITDA growth of 11.6% to BGN 86 million. VIVACOM continues to increase its revenues from mobile services, achieving nearly 30% market share with 3 048 000 mobile subscribers, 89% of which are using postpaid subscriptions. The share of mobile data revenue from mobile service revenue continues to grow, reaching 41% in the first quarter of 2018, compared with 34% for the same period in 2017.
The positive trend above is supported by extension of the 4G network to 99% of the population, measured by GWS.
VIVACOM is the leading operator in provision of the most advanced television service – interactive TV (IPTV). 47% of 451,000 pay-TV subscribers have chosen the interactive television during the first quarter of 2018, which represents 4 percentage points increase over the same period last year.
Please find more information about the financial results for Q1 2018 here
 Results for all periods are prior to impact of IFRS 15.
 4G network population coverage measurement was performed by Global Wireless Solutions (GWS) on their methodology in the period 05.02 – 08.03.2018