The American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria elected new Board of Directors. It happened last night at the regular General Assembly meeting. The event was held at InterContinental Hotel Sofia
The new Board guarantees the majority and representation of the U.S. companies.
The New Board
AmCham bulgaria members voted for the following representatives of the member companies (listed in alphabetical order):
- Bojidar Neytchev, PricewaterhouseCoopers Bulgaria EOOD
- Borislav Dimitrov, Cisco Systems Bulgaria EOOD
- Eliza Grancharova, Coca-Cola Bulgaria EOOD
- George Alexandrov, Oracle East Central Europe Limited – Branch Bulgaria
- Iva Todorova, IBM Bulgaria EOOD
- Ivaylo Slavov, BULPROS Consulting AD
- Konstantinos Papagiannis, Merck Sharp & Dohme Bulgaria EOOD
- Levon Hampartzoumian, UniCredit Bulbank AD
- Lyubomir Minchev, Telelink Bulgaria EAD
- Olivier Marquette, AES Bulgaria EOOD
- Simeon Stoychev, Telerik EAD by Progress
- Stanislava Taneva, Citibank Europe Plc, Bulgaria Branch
The new Board was shaped after two-month campaign among the 350 members of the Chamber. The process started with nomination of candidates. There were record-high 27 candidates. The second phase included the public hearings of the nominees in front of the membership. Then it was followed by the two-week voting period which led to unprecedented activation among the members. As a result, the short-list of candidates to be approved by the General Assembly was elected.
During the General Assembly on December 10th, 2018, the delegates approved unanimously the new Board.
During the General Assembly the delegates approved the Financial Report 2017 and the certified audit company for 2018.
Also, the members approved the 2019 Annual Budget, and the 2018 Board of Directors Report.
At the end they approved the release and discharge of the present Board.
It was the last General Assembly for the current President – Dr. Krassimira Chemishanska. She received special acknowledgement from the Executive Committee and the membership.
“It was a great honor to serve and represent the AmCham community. I will be happy to continue to be an active member representative. I would like to wish best luck and a lot of success to the incoming Board of Directors, and the overall American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria,” said Dr. Chemishanska in her speech.
Also, acknowledgement received those board members who for various reasons do not continue in following term: Iravan Hira, Plamen Zhechev, Sergey Koynov, Solomon Passy, Zlatina Ruseva-Savova.