As the CEE economies and commercial real estate markets grow in size,they also grow in scope, into new sectors. Student accommodation has been one of the most successful of the new options for investors and developers in Western Europe to consider over the past 10 years. We believe the next ten years will see this new opportunity, alongside its residential peer sectors such as micro living and senior housing, spread into the CEE region.
Key findings include:
- Study reveals severe shortfall in CEE student housing – with a potential value of over EUR 1bn
- Warsaw found to be the most under-supplied CEE city for student housing, followed by Budapest
- 32% of surveyed investors are already active in CEE student housing sector or intending to be in the short to medium term
- 91% of investors believe that the CEE PBSA sector will grow in importance within 8 years
- Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions you would like to discuss with our CEE Real Estate team.
You can view the report online or download a PDF version at cms.law.