Justin Friedman, Chargé d ’Affair of the United States in Bulgaria thanked Prime Minister of Bulgaria Boyko Borissov for his efforts to reach successful completion of the Bulgarian Air Force New Jet Fighter deal with the U.S. Government. It happened during the annual Business Breakfast with the Bulgarian Government, October 7th, 2019, Sofia Hotel Balkan, organized by AmCham Bulgaria.
“Your government’s decision to choose Lockheed Martin F-16 is of geostrategic importance. It symbolizes your commitment with Euro-Atlantic community and meets the allies’ requirements of NATO,” he said also.
Justin Friedman thanked AmCham for their constant efforts for the development of the trade relationship between the United States and Bulgaria, as well as for turning it into a model among the other AmChams in Europe. He also pointed out that the U.S. companies have invested billions of dollars in the local economy, thus creating more than 30,000 high-paid jobs for Bulgarians here.
The American diplomat pointed out part of the success stories created by the U.S. companies over the past year, thus turning them into regional leader in various sectors:
- The inauguration of the new upgraded production line of Coca-Cola at Kostinbrod;
- The increased capacity of the factory of Archer Daniels Midland at Razgrad;
- Equinex which built a new data center turning Bulgaria into regional digital hub;
- As well as Kamenitza and its new mini-brewery for craft beer at Plovdiv.
- He pointed also the ground-breaking event of the Greece-Bulgaria Gas Inter-connector which will ensure the energy independence and energy security of Bulgaria.
“We can build on that and on its basis, we can create more stronger and welcoming business environment in Bulgaria. I am extremely proud of the standards that the American companies imply in Bulgaria. They invest in technologies, environment protection, in education,” he concluded.