The international business landscape is more complex than ever, according to the latest annual Global Business Complexity Index (GBCI) by TMF Group – with COVID-19 adding a significant economic and social layer.
The research analyses three key areas of business operations – rules, regulations and penalties, accounting and tax and hiring, firing and paying employees.
- Which jurisdiction tops the 2020 business complexity ranking and the jurisdictions that are ranked the
- How international trends are driving standardisation and where local practices persist.
- The ways in which technology is fostering a globalised business environment and how this is
developing around the world.
Three global trends emerged from this year’s research:
- International alignment battling localisation
- Modernity battling tradition
- Technology simplifying business operations.