Six organizations started fundraising campaigns, supported by BCause Foundation.
March 8th is the day, celebrating gender equality, the day, celebrating the Woman – the mother and the beloved one. However, there are many women who never get flowers on that day and their children are frequent witnesses of physical and psychological abuse of their mothers. These women and their children need protection, specialized support and a place to serve as a shelter and a basis for building their new life.
On the occasion of March 8, six NGOs started fundraising campaigns in support of women and children, having survived domestic violence. They participate in an Accelerator, started by BCause Foundation, which supports them with trainings, expert help and corporate donations.
Besides being some of the precious few, working professionally and with empathy and hope for a better future, these organizations don’t have regular financial state support, and when they have some, it is simply not enough. The problem deepened, when the pandemic came in 2020. Another pandemic came with it – domestic violence cases increased by 40 per cent.
Funds are being raised for:
- BGN 5000, so that psychologists and social workers from the “Dinamika” Center, Ruse and the “Open Door”, Lovech can help more than 100 families annually to strengthen their relationship and overcome the trauma.
- BGN 1500, so that a young mother from Targovishte, assisted by Naya Association, pay for her semester fee at the university.
- BGN 4000, so that the children accommodated with their mothers for 6 months at the Crisis Center in Dimitrovgrad, can study and play, because their own home is no longer an option.
- BGN 2900, so that the psychologists from the “Maria” Center in Gorna Oryahovitsa can adequately help children, having suffered or witnessed violence.
- BGN 3300, so that the specialists from “PULSE” Pernik can continue helping more than 300 people annually with a consultation, shelter and protection.
“For the third year in a row, we, BCause Foundation, offer support to organizations, offering support in their own turn to women and children, having suffered domestic violence, says Lyudmila Atanassova, Director NGO programs. Once again, we pick March 8 and our goal is to encourage the organizations to create a successful fundraising campaign. We want to create an opportunity for the donors to be really useful, in addition to shedding a light on admitting the domestic violence issue and helping society empathize with it.”
The March 8 Accelerator by BCause Foundation includes trainings, individual consultations, a small fund for paid Facebook ads, media coverage of the joint campaign. The organizations started campaigns at Platformata.bg and DMSbg.com, culminating on the day itself – March 8.
What we achieved in 2020:
- Together with the Bulgarian Fund for Women and the Bulgarian Donors’ Forum we started an Emergency Fund against Domestic Violence during the Pandemic, which managed to raise BGN 73 000, with the support of numerous individual donors, HP employees, DSK Bank, Bayersdorf/NIVEA, EasyPay, Experian and “Lachezar Tsotsorkov” Foundation.
- At the end of the year, we supplied financing for another 4 organizations with a sum of BGN 17600 by the EU Staff COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund in Brussels.
For more information:
Lyudmila Atanassova, 0884 645 206 (for media)
Veselina Yordanova, 0885734885 (for companies)