Kinstellar is delighted to announce the promotion of Nina Tsifudina to Counsel in Sofia, along other promotions across Kinstellar’s office network: to Partner of Balázs Sepsey (Budapest) and to Counsel of Tomáš Melišek (Bratislava) and Alexandru Mocănescu (Bucharest).
Nina has over 13 years of experience advising on large international transactions. She is counsel to local and multinational companies on a wide range of commercial matters and cross-border deals, reorganisations and market-entry strategies with a focus on the TMT, pharma and financial services sectors. She also represents private equity and venture capital firms on acquisitions, disposals and restructurings, as well as portfolio companies on all corporate matters.
Nina is highly experienced in all employment aspects of multi-jurisdictional transactions and often takes the lead in high-profile TUPE transactions, share sales and the outsourcing/offshoring arrangements of her clients. Her expertise further extends to labour regulations, restructurings, senior executive severance, complex contentious matters, harassment and discrimination claims.
Her recent experience includes advising:
- GTT COMMUNICATIONS on the sale of its infrastructure business to I Squared Capital for USD 2.15 billion; Nina coordinated the divestment of the infrastructure business across seven jurisdictions in Central and Eastern Europe;
- KBC GROUP on the EUR 610 million acquisition of United Bulgarian Bank and Interlease leasing company in Bulgaria, as well as on the acquisition of NN’s Bulgarian pension insurance and life insurance businesses, for a total consideration of EUR 77.7 million;
- STADA ARZNEIMITTEL on the acquisition of Walmark, including post-closing restructuring and integration; Nina coordinated the employment integration, including the transfer of employees and redundancies and mass dismissals across nine jurisdictions;
- FOCUSVISION, an EQT portfolio company, on various corporate and employment matters;
- SILVERSMITH CAPITAL PARTNERS, a growth equity investment firm based in Boston, on Appfire’s acquisition of Botron Software (a Bulgarian-based global software company providing new-generation ALM tools).
Nina joined Kinstellar as a Senior Associate at the launch of our Sofia office in 2014 and was promoted to Managing Associate in 2016. She is regularly praised by clients and peers in legal directories. In the 2021 edition of Chambers Global, clients describe her as “responsive and detail-oriented” and one impressed client praises her flexibility, adding that: ‘She reacts quickly’.
Patrik Bolf, Firm Managing Partner comments: ”On behalf of the Partners and the entire firm, I congratulate them all! They are outstanding individuals, invaluable and trusted advisers to our clients, and I look forward to working with them – and the wider team – to build a successful firm. I thank them for their dedication, commitment, hard work and team spirit and wish them the best of luck in their new roles!’’
For more information, please contact Mariana Varbanova at [email protected]