On 8th Feb 2022 EY will hold its annual Tax and Legal Update covering key topics in the field of tax and law.
2022 brings along a wide array of challenging developments in the tax space. Bulgaria may have to depart on a transition to a much more complex tax system built on European and national priorities such as minimum 15% corporate tax for certain groups; introduction of “green taxes”; revised social securities thresholds; new ways of digital filing. Though much of this is still in the making, the timeframe to implement gets shorter and so all affected business taxpayers will have to swiftly adapt to comply and plan ahead.
The topics to be covered on 8th Feb:
- Bulgaria before introducing 15% tax?
- More measures against hybrid mismatches and “hollow” companies
- New OECD transfer pricing guidelines and transfer pricing summary files
- Changes in corporate tax for 2022, ATR under CITA for 2021
- Changes regarding taxpayers’ rights
- Most revised topics
- Recent amendments – VAT, excise duties and global trade
- Trends in indirect taxation and “green taxes”
- Social security, personal taxes and business immigration
- New developments in personal data protection
- Whistleblowing – a new directive