3SI Digital Conference: Digital Transformation, Smart Infrastructure, Connectivity and Security
On April 28th, 2022, AmChams of Latvia and Bulgaria organized the 3SI Digital Conference “Digital Transformation, Smart Infrastructure, Connectivity and Security Conference”, in partnership with Digital Poland and Google. It was a hybrid event hosted at Radisson Blu Latvija.
The conference was opened with key messages from John Carwile, US Ambassador to Latvia, Raimonds Lapins, Undersecretary of State for Economic Affairs, Ministry of Economy, Latvia and Edgars Bondars, Latvia’s Special Ambassador for the Three Seas Initiative.
The focus of the discussions will be on the conduct of transformational processes during significant geopolitical changes in the Three Seas region. Russia’s war in Ukraine has highlighted the need for more secure digital infrastructure, services and policies in Europe, as well as the importance of a strong transatlantic partnership to support our democracies. The Digitalization Panel was moderated by Michal Kanownik, Chairman of Digital Poland and the CEE Digital Coalition. Speakers were Artūrs Toms Plešs, Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Latvia (the institution responsible for digitalization), Mark Boris Andrijanič, Minister of Digitalization, Slovenia, Ian Brzezinski, Senior Fellow, Atlantic Council, Washington DC, USA, and Marta Poslad, Director for CEE and Transatlantic Public Policy, Google.
Date(s) - 28/04/2022
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
AmChams in Latvia and Bulgaria in partnership with Digital Poland and Google will hold a Three Seas Initiative (3SI) Digital Conference in advance of the upcoming 3SI Summit in Riga. The conference will take place on April 28 at 15:00-18:00 at the Radisson Blu Hotel Latvija, Riga and will be held in a hybrid format.
The event is building on the successful 3SI Summit in Sofia last year and will focus on digital transformation amid a shifting geopolitical landscape. In addition, it aims to raise awareness about 3SI and its upcoming Summit in Riga in June.
The war in Ukraine has underlined the need for secure digital infrastructure, services and policies in Europe and the importance of a strong transatlantic partnership to strengthen our democracies.
3SI has developed successfully since its inception as a cooperative platform, providing strong political support for accelerated economic development and enhanced intra-regional and cross-border cooperation and connectivity among 12 EU member states, bordering the Baltic, the Adriatic and the Black Sea. Strategic partnership and synergy of action among member states, the European Union and the United States, will lead to upgrading and modernization of critically important connections in the region.
You may sign up the form below to take part in the event either in-person or online.
3Si Region: Renewing Emphasis on Digital Policy and Regulation amid Shifting Geopolitics
- John Tully, President of AmCham Latvia
- Edgars Bondars, Ambassador-at-large for the Three Seas Initiative
- Janis Vitenbergs, Minister of Economy, 3SI Ambassador, Latvia
- John Carwile, U.S. Ambassador to Latvia
- Janusz Cieszyński, Secretary of State, Government Plenipotentiary for Cyber Security, Poland
Panel Discussion: Digital Transformation in the 3Si Region Addressing New Challenges
- Artūrs Toms Plešs, Minister of Environmental Protection and Regional Development, Latvia
- Daniel Lorer, Minister for Innovation and Growth, Bulgaria
- Petr Očko, Vice Ministry of Industry and Trade, Czech Republic
- Ian Brzezinski, Senior Fellow, The Atlantic Council, Washington, D.C.
- Paweł Jabłoński, Undersecretary of State for Economic and Development Cooperation, Africa and the Middle East at the MFA, Poland
- Marta Poslad, Director for CEE & Transatlantic Public Policy at Google
- Petar T. Ivanov, CEO, AmCham Bulgaria
Moderator: Michal Kanownik, President of Digital Poland / CEE Digital Coalition