9th International Energy Conference: Energy and Cyber Security - Risks and Protections
Date(s) - 03/07/2020
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sofia Hotel Balkan
Update as of June 3rd, 2020: The organizers have decided to postpone the conference for another month. The tentative date is July 3rd, 2020 at The House of Europe, 124 G. S. Rakovski Str.
Bulgarian Energy and Mining Forum with the partenrship of AmCham Bulgaria and the Canadian Business Network in Bulgaria organize the 9th International Energy Conference “Energy and Cyber Security – Risks and Protections”
The conference is under the patronage of Mariyana Nikolova, Deputy Prime Minister, Republic Bulgaria
The event has the support of AES Bulgaria and ContourGlobal.
AmCham Bulgaria members benefit with 20% off the registration free.
(as of June 13th, 2020)
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and welcome coffee
09:00 – 09:20 Official opening and Welcome remarks
- Ivan Hinovski, Chairman of the Organizing Committee
- H.E. Maria Gabriel, EC Commissionaire Innovation and Youth (video address)
- H.E. Herro Mustafa, Ambassador of USA (tbc)
- Mariyana Nikolova, Deputy Prime Minister
09:20–10:50 Panel 1: Legal and Regulatory Regimes for Cyber Security of Energy Systems
Moderator: Ilian Vassilev, Innovation Energy Systems Ltd., Bulgaria
- Stefan Lechner, EC, EURATOM Safeguards: The Cyber Security of Energy Systems – EU Approach and Recommendations
- Vassil Grancharov, State Agency for electronic management, The Low for cyber security in Bulgaria and the new normative acts in the area of network and information security
- Georgi Krastev, Secretary of the Governmental Security Council, Cyber Security as a basic component of Energy Security of Bulgaria
- Olivier Marquette, AES Bulgaria, The cyber security treatment practices in AES
- Christina Skoulodi, ENISA: ENISA activities in the energy sector security
10:50 – 11:10: Coffee break
11:10–12:40 Panel 2: Concepts and technologies for cyber security in power generation plants, electrical and gas transport networks, control and telecommunication systems
Moderator: Vladimir Uruchev, Energy Expert
- Colonel Dimiter Tashkov, Military Academy, Stanimir Penelov, Cyberacademy, Sofia, The risk analyses – base for the assessment of the vulnerability to cyber-attacks of network information systems
- Brian Britner, Westinghouse Bulgaria, System for cyber protection of network information system in Kozloduy NPP
- Dimitar Zarchev, ESO, Bulgaria, Implemented projects for cyber security in National Dispatching Center of the national electrical grid
12:40–13:40: Lunch, Snacks
13:40–15:00 Panel 3: Concepts and technologies for cyber security in electrical and gas distribution systems and energy exchanges (IBEX);
Moderator: Yolian Ivanov, Collins Group
- Cyber security policies and implemented projects in CEZ, EVN (tbc)
- Stanislav Chakarov, Information Securty Officer, Energo-Pro Varna
- Konstantin Konstantinov, IBEX Sofia: The cyber security of IBEX operations-concept and development
15:00–15:30: Coffee break
15:30–16:30 Panel 4: Innovation, Smart Grids and Cyber Security
Moderator: Dimitar Stoyanov, Cyber Security Platform
- Dr. Hana-Muriel Setteboun, Green Akter Ltd, The Overlooked Threat Inherent in the Grid Digitalization Transformation,
- Dimitar Zarchev, CDU / ESO Bulgaria
- FLEXITRONSTORE: Integral Platform for Flexibility Increase of Small Grids for Data Transfer of Energy Storage Facilities and essential Penetration of Generated Energy from Renewable Energy Generators
- Dimitar Kuyumdjiev, BEMF
- Matthew Harris, Honeywell, CHow to address OT cyber-security challenges – simplifying, strengthening, and scaling industrial cyber-security with one single platform
16:30 – 17:30 Final discussions and closing remarks of the Conference
Moderator: Prof. Atanas Tassev
18:00 – 20:00 – Wine & Cheese
The participation fee is 480 BGN (240 Euro) with VAT included per person, which covers all organizational expenses.
AmCham Bulgaria members benefit with 20% discount of the participation fee.
Note: Speakers, invited guests, diplomatic bodies, state administration and representatives of diplomatic bodies and academic institutions for up to 2 representatives.
Registration form has to be completed and submitted first, followed by issue of electronic invoice by the organizer, forward to the participant’s office and then to do payment. Registration through the web-site is also available.
All questions about the participation could be forwarded to: [email protected] on both English / Bulgarian languages.
Any current information related to the event can be asked also by tel/fax: +359 2 98 98 950 or on +359888522776 or at the website of the organizer www.bulenergyforum.org.