9th International Energy Conference: Energy and Cyber Security - Risks and Protections
Date(s) - 19/06/2020
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sofia Hotel Balkan
Update March 6th,2020: The organizers have decided to postpone the conference for June 19th, 2020 at the same venue.
Regularly updated program can be found at www.bulenergyforum.org.
Bulgarian Energy and Mining Forum with the partenrship of AmCham Bulgaria and the Canadian Business Network in Bulgaria organize the 9th International Energy Conference “Energy and Cyber Security – Risks and Protections”
The conference is under the patronage of Temenuzhka Petkova, Minister of Energy, Republic Bulgaria
The event has the support of AES Bulgaria and ContourGlobal.
AmCham Bulgaria members benefit with 20% off the registration free.
(as of January 31st, 2020)
08:30 – 09:00 Registration and welcome coffee
09:00 – 09:20 Official opening and Welcome remarks
- Ivan Hinovski, Chairman of the Organizing Committee
- H.E. Maria Gabriel, EC Commissionaire Innovation and Youth (video address)
- H.E. Herro Mustafa, Ambassador of USA (tbc)
- Temenuzhka Petkova, Minister of Energy
9:20–10:50 Panel 1: Legal and Regulatory Regimes for Cyber Security of Energy Systems
Moderator: Ilian Vassilev, Innovation Energy Systems Ltd., Bulgaria
- Stefan Lechner, EC, EURATOM Safeguards: The Cyber Security of Energy Systems – EU Approach and Recommendations
- Vassil Grancharov, State Agency for electronic management, The Low for cyber security in Bulgaria and the new normative acts in the area of network and information security
- Georgi Krastev, Secretary of the Governmental Security Council, Cyber Security as a basic component of Energy Security of Bulgaria
- Olivier Marquette, AES Bulgaria, The cyber security treatment practices in AES
- Konstantinos Moulinos, EU, ENISA activities in the energy sector security
10:50 – 11:10: Coffee break
11:10–12:40 Panel 2: Concepts and technologies for cyber security in power generation plants, electrical and gas transport networks, control and telecommunication systems
Moderator: Vladimir Uruchev, Energy Expert
- Colonel Dimiter Tashkov, Military Academy, Stanimir Penelov, Cyberacademy, Sofia, The risk analyses – base for the assessment of the vulnerability to cyber-attacks of network information systems
- Ivan Pironkov, Westinghouse Bulgaria, System for cyber protection of network information system in Kozloduy NPP
- Policies for cyber security in TPPS, Bulgartransgaz and Bulgartel (tbc)
- Dimitar Zarchev, ESO, Bulgaria, Implemented projects for cyber security in Central Dispatching Center of the national electrical grid
12:40–13:40: Lunch, Snacks
13:40–15:00 Panel 3: Concepts and technologies for cyber security in electrical and gas distribution systems and energy exchanges (IBEX);
Moderator: Yolian Ivanov, Collins Group
- Cyber security policies and implemented projects in CEZ, EVN and Energo-Pro (tbc)
- Sergey Andreev, Overgas Holding, Implemented projects for cyber security in Overgas Network
- Konstantin Konstantinov, IBEX Sofia: The cyber security of IBEX operations-concept and development
15:00–15:30: Coffee break
15:30–16:30 Panel 4: Smart Grids and Cyber Security
Moderator: Ivan Kostov, IKEM
- Dr. Hana-Muriel Setteboun, Green Akter Ltd, The Overlooked Threat Inherent in the Grid Digitalization Transformation,
- ESO, Bulgaria
- FLEXITRONSTORE: Integral Platform for Flexibility Increase of Small Grids for Data Transfer of Energy Storage Facilities and essential Penetration of Generated Energy from Renewable Energy Generators
- Daniel Grabski, Honeywell, Cyber Protection for Industrial Systems for Control and Optimization of Technological Process
16:30 – 17:30 Final discussions and closing remarks of the Conference
Moderator: Prof. Atanas Tassev
18:00 – 20:00 – Wine & Cheese
The participation fee is 480 BGN (240 Euro) with VAT included per person to be paid by 9 June 2020, which covers all organizational expenses.
AmCham Bulgaria members benefit with 20% discount of the participation fee.
Note: Speakers, invited guests, diplomatic bodies, state administration and representatives of diplomatic bodies and academic institutions for up to 2 representatives.
Registration form has to be completed and submitted first, followed by issue of electronic invoice by the organizer, forward to the participant’s office and then to do payment. Registration through the web-site is also available.
All questions about the participation could be forwarded to: [email protected] on both English / Bulgarian languages.
Any current information related to the event can be asked also by tel/fax: +359 2 98 98 950 or on +359888522776 or at the website of the organizer www.bulenergyforum.org.