AmCham General Assembly 2022
Date(s) - 19/05/2022
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sofia Hotel Balkan
AmCham Bulgaria Members are cordially invited to a
on May 19th, 2022, starting at 5:00 p.m.
at Sofia Hotel Balkan, 5, Sveta Nedelya Square, 1000 Sofia
- Approval of the Annual report of the Board of Directors for 2021
- Election of Registered Auditor for 2021
- Examination and Approval of the Financial Statements for 2021 and Adoption of the Budget for 2022
- Amendments to the Statutes of the Chamber
- Release and Discharge of Seven Members of the Board of Directors
- Election of New Members of the Board of Directors
If a quorum is not achieved, in compliance with article (X), section (B), paragraph (7) of the Statutes of the Chamber, the General Assembly will take place the same day at 6:00 p.m., at the same place, under the same agenda.
All AmCham members are invited to attend the Assembly. Only legal representatives of member companies and duly authorized individuals by virtue of a Power of Attorney have the right to vote. One person can represent not more than 1 (one) Member at the General Assembly via a Power of Attorney. No re-authorization is allowed. Powers of Attorney should be sent to the Chamber not later than 3 business days prior to the date of the General Assembly.
Call for Nominations for Members of the Board of Directors
There are 7 vacant seats on the Board of Directors:
– six seats for a full term of office (in accordance with Article X, Section (C), Paragraph 2 of the Statutes) and
– one seat for a term of one year (in accordance with Article X, Section (C), Paragraph 4 of the Statutes).
Nominations must contain the following information:
- Who is proposing the nomination – name and organization
- Who is the nominated candidate – name and organization
- The position the candidate is nominated for: Corporate member – USA person; Corporate member – non-USA person
- Up-to-date CV of the nominee, including awards and achievements of the nominee, experience as a member of management bodies, management experience, management bodies in which the candidate occupies certain positions at the time of nomination.
Please send nominations to [email protected], in person, or by registered mail to the office of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria, 1 Kuzman Shapkarev Str., 1000 Sofia.
Deadline for submission of nominations: April 1, 2022
* If compelling circumstances, arising from the crisis with the coronavirus, martial law, or other extraordinary circumstances, prevent the Chamber from holding a General Assembly on May 19, 2022, the event will take place on June 16, 2022, at Sofia Hotel Balkan, 5, Sveta Nedelya Square, 1000 Sofia, at 5:00 p.m., under the same agenda. If a quorum is not achieved, the General Assembly will take place the same day at 6:00 p.m., at the same place, under the same agenda.
- Timeline and Process
- Summary of proposed amendments to the AmCham Statutes in BG and EN.
- Full text of the draft amended AmCham Statutes – clean version in BG
- Full text of the draft amended AmCham Statutes – clean version in EN.
- Power of Attorney – General Assembly 2022 – Template
We look forward to welcoming you at the General Assembly!