AmCham General Assembly
AmCham Bulgaria General Assembly approved on May 18th, 2021 seven newly-elected Board Members. The event was the final stage of a process of the organization which started with nominations early in 2021, continued with a Public Hearing of the nominees, followed by а Vote of the members in mid-March. The shortlisted candidates were announced in late March.
“I am proud to share that as of today our organization is strong and well positioned in Bulgaria and externally. Despite COVID-19, I am confident that last year we achieved increased visibility and enriched our members with benefits,” stated Olivier Marquette, AmCham Bulgaria President at the General Assembly 2021.
Read here the AmCham Board of Directors full Report 2020.
Ms. Stanislava Taneva, First Vice President and interim Treasurer, presented the Financial Statements for 2020 which were examined and approved at the General Assembly 2021. Next she introduced the 2021 Budget. Both the Financial Statement and the Budget were approved unanimously.
U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Justin Friedman addressed the AmCham Annual General Assembly. He stressed the importance of rule of law, a robust investment climate, education, and corporate social responsibility to the Bulgarian economy.
Date(s) - 18/05/2021
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
AmCham Bulgaria Members are cordially invited to a
on May 18th, 2021, (Tuesday), starting at 5:00 p.m.
at Sofia Hotel Balkan, located at 5, Sveta Nedelya Square, 1000 Sofia
The health and well-being of our members are our first priority! Therefore, as per national guidelines and global recommendations, we will take every precaution to guarantee a safe and risk-free event. Please note that due to the anti-epidemic measures, we can accommodate only ONE REPRESENTATIVE PER COMPANY at the event! Furthermore, we will not accept registrations in place. Please kindly REGISTER IN ADVANCE at the link below.
- Approval of the Annual report of the Board of Directors for 2020
- Examination and Approval of the Financial Statements for 2020 and Adoption of the Budget for 2021
- Election of the Registered Auditor for 2020
- Release and Discharge of Six Members of the Board of Directors
- Election of New Members of the Board of Directors
If a quorum is not achieved, in compliance with article (X), section (B), paragraph (7) of the Statutes of the Chamber, the General Assembly will take place the same day at 6:00 p.m., at the same place, under the same agenda.
All AmCham members are invited to attend the Assembly. Only legal representatives of member companies and duly authorized individuals by virtue of a Power of Attorney have the right to vote. One person can represent not more than 1 (one) Member at the General Assembly via a Power of Attorney. No re-authorization is allowed. Powers of Attorney should be sent to the Chamber not later than 3 business days prior to the date of the General Assembly.
* If compelling circumstances, arising from the crisis with the цоронаvirus, prevent the Chamber from holding a General Assembly on May 18, 2021, the event will take place on June 10, 2021, at Sofia Hotel Balkan, 5, Sveta Nedelya Square, 1000 Sofia, at 5:00 p.m., under the same agenda. If a quorum is not achieved, the General Assembly will take place the same day at 6:00 p.m., at the same place, under the same agenda.