Clean Energy, Decarbonization, and Investments in Energy Sector Seminar
The “Power Sector Decarbonization Study” of AmCham Bulgaria and made by Compass Lexecon was center of the 3-hour discussion about the future of the Maritsa East Complex, decarbonization of the Bulgarian economy, and the investment climate.
With regard the Bulgarian Recovery and Resilience Plan, there will be hard to achive 40% decrease of the carbon emissions till 2025-2026 on the basis of the emissions of 2019. In fact this means decrease of 8-9 million tons, which is challenging for any power plant operator.
The discussion was orgnized by the Energy Management Institute and hosted by the Trakia University Stara Zagora. The event was moderated by Slavtcho Neykov, Chair of the Management Board of EMI, and Ass. Prof. Ani Zlateva. Krassimir Nenov and Ivan Tzankov, members of the Energy and Mineral Resources Committee of AmCham presented the chamber’s decarbonization study. Also, Boyan Rashev, Managing Partner of denkstatt Bulgaria made an data-based overview of the current trends in the energy consumption and energy sources on a global scale.
Date(s) - 12/05/2022
10:30 am - 1:30 pm
AmCham Bulgaria has the pleasure to invite its members to the “Clean Energy, Decarbonization, and Investments in the Energy Sector” Seminar, organized by the Energy Management Institute and the Trakia University – Stara Zagora, on May 12th, 2022, 10:30 – 13:30 hrs. The event will be held on the premises of the Trakia University at Stara Zagora.
The forum will provide expert discussion on the critical aspects of the development of the Maritsa East Power Complex, that are seen through the prism of the power generation sector in the context of the national and European policies based on actual facts and events.
- Decarbonization of the Bulgarian economy;
- Recovery and Resilience Plan of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Energy security and investments (concrete investments proposal; the future of the state-owned and private power plants, grid development, utilization of alternative power sources etc.)
- National and Regional measures
- vision for the necessary next steps of the authorities and the potential of a proactive position by the business, NGO and other civil society representatives.
There will be invited representatives of the national authorities (members of the parliament from the Stara Zagora region, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Environment and Waters, Stara Zagora Regional Governor), as well as representatives of the business and business associations, local mayors, trade unions, experts, media.
10:30 – 10:45 – Opening
- Slavtcho Neykov, Chairman of the Management Board, Energy Management Institute
- Ass. Prof. Dobri Yarkov, Rector, Trakia University Stara Zagora
10:45 – 12:00 Introductory panel
- Slavtcho Neykov, Chairman of the Management Board, Energy Management Institute – presentation of the European and national energy aspects, Recovery and Resilience Plan, legal aspects, open questions
- Krassimir Nenov, and Ivan Tzankov, AmCham Bulgaria – AmCham Bulgaria Power Sector Decarbonization Study presentation
- Boyan Rashev, Managing Partner, denkstatt Bulgaria