Explore U.S. Tech Webinar
On April 4, 2023 AmCham Bulgaria, jointly with the SME Promotion Agency and in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria and BASSCOM put together a webinar focusing on the opportunities for EU technology companies to grow on the American market. The event was dedicated to those entrepreneurs and start-ups that have serious intentions to scale-up in the US.
Speakers & Presentations
- Ivan Mihaylov, CEO, AmCham Bulgaria
- Boyko Takov, Executive Director, Bulgarian SMEPA
- Melissa A. Marszalek, Commercial Attaché, U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria
- Dobroslav Dimitrov, Chairman, BASSCOM
- Patrick Dine, CEO, PSD Global
- Elena Iankova, CEO, New York Soft Landing Center
- Lora Kratchounova, Principal & Peter Atanasoff, Managing Director & VP, Scratch Marketing + Media
- Viktor Bilyanski, Co-founder, ScaleFocus
- Melissa A. Marszalek, Commercial Attaché, U.S. Embassy
Zdravko Zravkov, Director Business Development, MarketStar / Out2Bound
AmCham Bulgaria together with the Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion Agency and in partnership with the U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria and BASSCOM organizes a webinar focusing on the opportunities for technological companies to grow on the American market. This event is designed for those companies that aim to invest in scaleup in America.
Explore U.S. Tech Webinar
April 4, 2023, 4 p.m. (Bulgarian Time)
About the webinar
Industry seasoned speakers and startup mentors from the United States will share what resources are available to Bulgarian software and services SMEs and startups for their plans to grow in the United States. Bulgarian and European tech developers are increasingly facing the imperative to grow beyond their continent due to various limitation at home – either caused by limited market size or obsolete regulation. One third of the USD 5 trillion global information technology (IT) market is in the United States, making it the largest tech market in the world.
The Webinar will tackle issues like what it takes to enter the US market with an existing software product or service, how to raise the capital needed to invest in US scaling, whether such is available to non-American entities, how to become an investor or a start-up in the United States, and where one could find support and “soft-landing” for their overseas growth initiative. Within the U.S. tech market itself, almost half of the spending is in the tech services and software industries, so finding partnership opportunities as B2B supplier to the American tech sector will also be addressed – yet another form of market entry scaleup in the United States.
|16:00 – 16:30 |
Ivan Mihaylov, CEO, AmCham Bulgaria
|16:30 – 18:00 |
Scaling Up: Opportunities for
Business & Investments in the U.S.
· US Market Entry with Tech Products
· Approaching US Tech Companies as a subcontractor on a B2B basis
· Raising Capital as a Foreign Startup
· SelectUSA, U.S. Department of Commerce and Summit 2023 – programs for tech companies, spin-off events
Moderator: Ivo Konstantinov, U.S. Office Director, AmCham Bulgaria – presentation
The event is complimentary and will take place online in Bulgarian and English languages.
Registration is closed, thank you for your interest!