|Mission:||This new committee as instrumental in our pursue to further develop the business environment of Bulgaria. AmCham is among the organizations with highest impact in the country. This, we believe, should be materialized in fostering and shaping a business climate that supports and nurtures startup companies and it is a catalyst for innovation.|
Ryan Fisher, Hill City Global
Eric Dumas, Smule
|Goals:||Research and Innovation Goals|
– to foster the creation of an ecosystem with successful models for technology transfers from AmCham members or sister organizations to the State Agency for Research and Innovation. Thus, creating a local model for technological transfer.
– to cooperate with academia and AmCham members to fill the gap between the scientific potential of the universities and the needs of the business.
– improvement of the quality and type of data collected and shared via the open data website.
Startup Support Goals
– Based on stakeholders’ feedback, including from BESCO, there is a need to amend the existing Commercial Law to meet the new startup reality.
– to identify other ways of sourcing and funding of startups and scale-ups.
– to create an environment to help startups by validating their ideas.
News from this committee
Research, Innovation and Start-up Committee: Call for Comments
At the AmCham Board Strategic Retreat in mid-September 2021, the Chamber set its 2022 priorities. Among them is the Digital Economy and Innovation Priority with…
AmCham Bulgaria Establishes Research, Innovation & Start-up Committee
The new committee aims at further shaping a result-oriented startup and innovation business environment in Bulgaria. RIS committee is chaired by George Alexandrov, Board Member….
AmCham Bulgaria Board Approved New Leadership of the Committees
On January 13th, 2022, the Board approved the New Leadership of the AmCham Bulgaria Committees. Executing the plan for the Committees upgrade, restructuring and improvement…
AmCham Committees Leadership Elections: Call for Nominations
We entered 2022 with great expectations for relief and to overcoming the pandemic. However, the war in Ukraine changed our perspectives and put the European…